Innovative Workforce Fund Management
General enquiries:1800 625 136
Technical support:1800 020 283
TTY:1800 555 677
This funding round has now closed.
Please Note: Applicants are not required to submit a Registration Form for this funding round.
The Department of Social Services invited providers via a restricted process to apply to manage the Innovative Workforce Fund (IWF), under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Transition – Sector Development Fund – nationally from 2016 to 2018. Funding will be offered to one organisation as a result of this process.
A single national lead organisation will be contracted to build the evidence base for workforce innovation, and to use this evidence base to assist in managing assessment of applications and disbursement of funds through the IWF.
The IWF initiative will seek to ensure that the disability workforce will be skilled to meet future requirements. To meet the increasing and competitive demands, the IWF will identify and support innovative workforce approaches and models. Targeted funding will be provided by the IWF to successful applicants to trial or pilot innovative workforce projects.
Prospective applicants should be aware that as the Prime Minister called an election for 2 July 2016, the government is operating in caretaker mode. If there is a change of government policy following the election which affects this funding round the Department may exercise its rights to vary, suspend or cease this funding round.
More information about the Innovative Workforce Fund and its management, as well as requirements for applicants, can be found in the following documents:
- Programme Guidelines Overview provides information about how grants are funded for this program.
- Operational Guidelines are a detailed user guide which provides information as to how the granting activity is to be administered.
- Funding Round Summary provides detailed information on the funding round, including the amount available and eligibility requirements.
For this round, no attachments have been requested to support your application. Documents attached to applications will not be considered in the assessment.
Contacting the Department of Social Services (DSS)
If you require assistance please call the DSS Grants Hotline on 1800 625 136 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the following number “2016-589 – Innovative Workforce Fund Management” when you phone or email DSS.
- Funding Round Summary [202.9 kB]
- Funding Round Summary [809 kB]
- National Disability Insurance Scheme Transition Guidelines Overview [490.8 kB]
- National Disability Insurance Scheme Transition Guidelines Overview [102.4 kB]
- Strategy and operational guidelines [354.4 kB]
- Strategy and operational guidelines [329.1 kB]