Information for applicants and their nominees, carers, families and advocates

Watch the video ‘How to get a payment through the BSWAT Payment Scheme’ below. You can watch other short videos on the BSWAT video playlist. All videos have captions. Audio descriptive versions of the videos are available.

How to get a payment through the BSWAT Payment Scheme.

How to apply for a payment

Supported employees who registered for the BSWAT Payment Scheme (the scheme) can now apply for a payment.

The scheme is entirely voluntary.

Important: A supported employee must have registered with the scheme by 30 April 2017 to be able to apply for a payment.

Applications must be made using the payment application form. Applicants can also appoint a nominee. These forms are listed below under ‘Resources and forms’.

We must receive payment applications by 30 November 2017. We cannot accept applications received after this date.

Find out how to apply for a payment here.

How to accept a payment offer

Applicants who are eligible for a payment will receive a Letter of Offer.

There are certain things that an applicant must do, by the due date specified in the Letter of Offer, to accept a payment offer.

If the due date has lapsed or is about to lapse, you may be able to request an extension of time.

Important: A payment will not affect a supported employee's current job or wages, and it will not affect their Australian Disability Enterprise (ADE).

Find out how to accept a payment offer here.

An Easy Read fact sheet on how to accept a payment offer is available here.

How to ask for a review

If an participant does not agree with a decision made about the BSWAT Payment Scheme, they can ask for a review.

An Easy Read fact sheet on how to ask for a review is available here.

Tax and the BSWAT Payment Scheme

Find out how a BSWAT payment might affect taxable income and what help is available.

Application form

If you have problems viewing this form, please call the BSWAT Payment Scheme Helpdesk on the toll free number 1800 799 515. You can also send an email to

Nominee application form

Contact us if you want to change or remove an existing nominee.

Proving your identity or certifying documents

Legal Advisor and Financial Counsellor Register

You can search for a qualified legal practitioner and accredited financial counsellor who have expressed their interest in providing services under the scheme.

Last updated: