Integrated Plan for Carer Support Services
As part of the 2015-16 Budget, the Australian Government announced the development of an Integrated Plan for Carer Support Services (the Plan). The Plan is being developed to reflect the Australian Government’s priorities for carers, and outlines actions to recognise, support and sustain the vital work of unpaid carers.
Stage one of the Plan, Carer Gateway, commenced in December 2015, and offers a website and phone service to help carers access practical information and resources to help them in their caring role.
Stage two of the Plan focused on an extensive two year process to design a proposed new carer service system with the carer sector and carers, and included public consultation on:
- a draft Service Concept that outlined the principles to support the redesigned services to improve outcomes for carers
- a draft Service Delivery Model for an Integrated Carer Support Service, outlining the proposed way services would be delivered to carers in the future.
Further information can be found at the Related Links below.
The third and final stage of the Plan is the implementation of the new Integrated Carer Support Service model.
- Fact sheet on the new Integrated Carer Support Service
- Public Consultation on the draft Service Delivery Model: Summary Report
- A draft Service Delivery Model for a proposed new integrated carer support service system
- Public Consultation on the draft Service Concept: Summary Report
- Designing the new integrated carer support service
- Carer Gateway – service finder
- Carer Gateway research
- Carer Gateway Advisory Group
- Carer Gateway
- National Carer Gateway announcement