National Disability and Carers Advisory Council
The National Disability and Carers Advisory Council (the Council) was a Federal Government election commitment.
The Council will provide advice on issues of strategic importance in relation to the disability and carer sectors, and will focus on driving the implementation of the overarching National Disability Strategy (NDS), the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), the Integrated Plan for Carer Support Services, and proposed reforms to disability employment.
Terms of Reference
The Terms of Reference were agreed at the inaugural meeting of the Council held on 14 December 2016, and updated at the 14 November 2017 and 30 October 2018 Council meetings.
Image: National Disability and Carers Advisory Council members.
The Council will be Co-Chaired by the Assistant Minister for Social Services, Housing and Disability Services, the Hon Sarah Henderson MP, and a respected disability, carer or industry leader.
The membership of the Council includes representatives from industry and services sectors, non-government organisations, disability sector experts, people with disability and carers. The Council incorporates representatives from a range of backgrounds and members are drawn from every state and territory.
- Hon Sarah Henderson MP (Co-Chair)
- Mr Nigel Webb (Co-Chair)
- Ms Donna Bain
- Ms Nell Brown
- Mr Paul Coates
- Ms Jennifer Cullen
- Mr Wilhelm Harnisch
- Ms Christine Kerr
- Mr Harrison Kirkwood
- Mr Greg Madson
- Ms Jessica May
- Ms Teresa Pilbeam
- Mr Frank Quinlan
- Ms Gayle Rankine
- Ms Sally Sinclair
- Mr Martin Stokie
- Mr Steve Vitone
Communiqués for the meeting of the National Disability and Carers Advisory Council
- NDCAC Communiqué 30 October 2018
- NDCAC Communiqué 2 May 2018
- NDCAC Communiqué 14 November 2017
- NDCAC Communiqué 3 May 2017
- NDCAC Communiqué 14 December 2016
The National Disability and Carers Advisory Council – Easy Read Messages
- A message from the fourth meeting, this information is written in an easy to read way
- A message from the third meeting, this information is written in an easy to read way
- A message from the second meeting, this information is written in an easy to read way
- A message from the first meeting, this information is written in an easy to read way