NDIS National Workforce Plan: 2021-2025
- NDIS National Workforce Plan: 2021-2025 [6.1 MB]
- NDIS National Workforce Plan: 2021-2025 [982.7 kB]
- Easy Read: NDIS National Workforce Plan: 2021-2025 [6.2 MB]
- Easy Read: NDIS National Workforce Plan: 2021-2025 [44.4 kB]
- NDIS National Workforce Plan 2021-2025 Sector Briefing [1022.6 kB]
- NDIS National Workforce Plan 2021-2025 Sector Briefing [208.4 kB]
The NDIS National Workforce Plan: 2021-2025 outlines the Australian Government’s commitment to work with NDIS participants, industry and other stakeholders to grow a responsive and capable workforce for the NDIS. The aim is to ensure the care and support market and workforce are able to support participants to meet their needs and achieve their goals.
The care and support sector is one of Australia’s largest and fastest growing sectors. This growth is being driven by rapid expansion of the number of NDIS participants and an increasing number of older Australians and veterans within our community accessing care and support.
The Plan is designed to attract workers with suitable skills, values and attributes, while also improving existing workers’ access to training and development opportunities. The Plan will generate benefits for participants, workers, providers, and the broader Australian economy:
- participants will have access to higher quality supports and improved continuity of supports
- workers will benefit from improved training and access to professional development opportunities
- providers will benefit from better regulation across the sector and more market demand information to drive innovation
The 16 initiatives in the Plan will enable workforce growth in the NDIS, and support complementary workforce measures in aged care and support services for veterans.
Contact information: NDISworkforceplan@dss.gov.au
Sector Briefing 29 June 2021