Sector Working Group – Summary of meetings
- The Group met on 13 June 2018 with the discussion focusing on the department’s planned implementation activities, and the Group’s insights on current concerns within the sector regarding implementation of, and transition to, the ICSS model. The department is utilising these insights in ongoing implementation activities.
- The second meeting was held on 18 September 2018. The Group were provided with an overview of the Carer Gateway service areas and an update on the pilot testing the new carer needs assessment and planning process. The Group were consulted on the proposed topics for the recent webinars and the Department has used the feedback in the development of the webinar content.
- For probity reasons, the Group did not convene while the Carer Gateway regional delivery partner Grant Opportunity was open (16 November to 14 February).
- The third meeting was held on 28 February 2019. The Group were provided with an update on implementation activities and were invited to attend small group sessions in March to discuss key issues related to the transition. The small group sessions focused on gaining further insights from members on transition issues that providers are dealing with and seeking input on how both providers and carers can be supported during the transition.
- The fourth meeting was held on 4 June 2019. The Group were provided an update on ICSS implementation activities and were consulted on upcoming engagement initiatives the department is planning to run. The group were also consulted on the decommissioning of Commonwealth funded carer programs. The department has used the feedback in the development of material to support the decommissioning effort.
- The fifth meeting was held on 18 July 2019 to follow-up key decommissioning items brought forward by the Group. The department consulted the Group on two core areas of decommissioning: Transition Out Plans (TOPs) and data migration from existing providers to the Carer Gateway Service providers. The department has used this feedback to inform how decommissioning activities will be rolled-out.