The Strengthening Communities Activity provides funding to organisations to develop solutions and deliver responsive and integrated services that meet local community needs.
The activity aims to:
- build the capacity of communities and organisations to be able to identify and address local community needs
- facilitate partnerships that result in better services and service integration
- assist volunteers and encourage volunteering
- build social cohesion
- develop strategies to increase awareness of access to services
- support organisations in the delivery of services to individuals and organisations.
There are three sub-activities:
- Community Development Participation
- Multicultural Affairs