Number 34: Parenting and families in Australia
This paper explores a number of topic areas in relation to infants and children in Australian families. The researchers used Wave 1 of the Longitudinal Study of Australian Children (LSAC) dataset.
The paper examines:
- parenting styles and family functioning
- factors influencing parents' feelings and perceptions about the way they parent their children
- the roles and contributions of parents who do not live with their children
- feelings of stress and sources of social support for parents
- the relationship of parenting practices to child outcomes.