Social Security Journal - December 1994
Professor Bettina Cass, 'Connecting the Public and the Private: Social justice and Family Policies'
Chris Butel, 'Selling Family Assistance'
Michael Fuery, 'The Department of Social Security's Support Network for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Parents Program'
Alan Jordan, 'Labour Market Programs and Social Security Payments'
David Rowlands, 'The Home Child Care Allowance'
Carmen Zanetti, 'Sole Parent Families: Trends and Issues'
Social Security Notes
Tom Baban, 'Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services'
Tony de Gail, 'Migrant Services'
Robyn Holt, 'The Social Work Service'
Lisa Cahill, 'Controls in the Social Security System - Public Information'
If Men Did All the Ironing Would National Income Increase?: Graeme D. Snooks, Portrait of the Family within the Total Economy
Reviewer: Ms Susan Donath
Maintaining Parity of Assistance Between Waged and Self-employed
Families: Rebecca Boden and Anne Corden, Anne, Measuring Low Incomes: Self-Employment and Family Credit
Reviewer: Ms Peta Winzar
Domestic Violence: A Practical Update and Background for Newcomers:
Family Violence Professional Education Taskforce, Family Violence:
Everybody's Business, Somebody's Life (Revised Reprint) and
Nicholas Seddon, Domestic Violence in Australia: The Legal Response (2nd ed)
Reviewer: Ms Mauveen Waller
The Fine Art of Being Understood:
Foddy, William, Constructing Questions for Interviews and Questionnaires:
Theory and Practice in Social Research
Reviewer: Ms Karen Wilson
Social Policy on a Human Level:
Jordan, Alan, Going Bad - Homeless Men in an Australian City
Reviewer: Mr Leon Trainor
Social Security Statistics
- Pensioners: Pension Type, Australia, June 1985 to June 1986
- Pensioners: Pension Type by State and Sex, June 1994
- Allowees: Allowance Type, Australia, June 1991 to June 1994
- Job Search and Newstart Allowees: Allowance Type by State, June 1994 Other Allowees: Allowance Type by State, June 1994
- Job Search and Newstart Allowees: Duration, Australia, May 1987 to May 1994
- Family Payments: Clients and Children by Family Payment Type, Australia, June 1992 to June 1994
- Family Payments: Family Payment Type by State and Sex, June 1994
- Family Payments: Additional Family Payment by Age and Sex, Australia, June 1994
- Family Payments: Family Payment by Country of Birth, Australia, June 1994
- Family Payments: Family Payment by Number of Eligible Children, Australia, June 1994
- Child Disability Allowance: Clients and Eligible Children by State, June 1994
- Double Orphan Pension: Clients and Eligible Children by State, June 1994
- Graph: Number of Pensioners, Australia, June 1985 to June 1994, including Clients on Age Pension, Disability Support Pension, Sole Parent Pension and Total Wife Pension
- Graph: Proportion of Pensioners by Pension Type by Sex, June 1994
- Graph: Number of job Search and Newstart Allowees by State, June 1994
- Graph: Relative Distribution of Sickness Allowance, Special Benefit, Mature Age Allowance, Mature Age Partner Allowance and Mobility Allowance, June 1994
- Graph: Family Payments by Type and State, June 1994
- Graph: Total Family Payments by Age and Sex, June 1994
- Graph: Relative Distribution of Total Family Payments (AFB and BFP) by Major Geographical Region, June 1994
- Graph: Relative Distribution of Additional Family Payment by Major Geographical Region, June 1994
- Graph: Child Disability Allowance, Number of Eligible Children by State, June 1994
Recent, Current and Planned Research:
- Retirement Incomes
- Income Support for People with Disabilities
- Labour Market Programs
- Assistance for Families
- Assistance for Young People