Community Engagement Strategy for People with Disability - Budget 2010-11
- The Commonwealth Government wants to ensure that the disability reform agenda reflects the important advice and contributions from those who will be directly affected by the reforms.
- The Government is investing $520,000 to involve people with disability, their families and carers in the Productivity Commission's landmark inquiry into long-term care and support.
- The inquiry is a key element of the Government's National Disability Strategy, and the National Carer Strategy. The funding in this Budget will help involve as many people as possible in its consultation.
- The proposal is an important initiative to help ensure the disability sector’s engagement with the Commonwealth’s policy agenda in this area.
- Disability and carer groups will be provided funding of up to $30,000 each in the 2010‑11 financial year.
- The organisations will have a degree of flexibility in exactly how they apply these funds and may use them to fund travel and accommodation for participants to attend specific workshops/forums and pay sitting fees, and/or they may contract a facilitator to conduct specific forums and write up the results into a report.
Total Government Funding
- Total funding in 2010-11 of $520,000.