Multicultural Language Services Guidelines for Australian Government Agencies
The revised Multicultural Language Services Guidelines for Australian Government Agencies are in response to recommendations from the Access and Equity Inquiry and the 2009 Commonwealth Ombudsman’s own motion investigation into the use of interpreters in four Australian Government agencies.
The Guidelines aim to provide a practical framework for Australian Government agencies to develop their own tailored guidelines on all forms of communication in languages other than English (including translating and interpreting services). The Guidelines articulate and provide detailed guidance on how agencies can meet existing Access and Equity obligations.
- Multicultural language services guidelines
- Procuring interpreting services
- Procuring translating services
- Language list by country and place
- National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI): Interpreter qualifications and accreditation
- Assessing interpreting and translating services form
Any questions in relation to the Multicultural Language Services Guidelines should be directed to the Multicultural Access and Equity Hotline.
Telephone: 1300 792 343