- Draft Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy
- How to provide feedback
- Feedback form for draft Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy
We are seeking feedback on the draft Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy prepared by the Australian and Northern Territory Governments as part of the National Partnership Agreement on Stronger Futures in the Northern Territory.
Stronger Futures in the Northern Territory is a $3.4 billion commitment over 10 years for the Australian and Northern Territory Governments to work with Aboriginal people in the NT to help them build strong, independent lives and communities, families and children are safe and healthy.
Increasing job opportunities for Aboriginal people is a key priority of Stronger Futures. As part of the Stronger Futures package, programs and services will be expected to employ local Aboriginal people wherever possible.
The Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy will help make sure more Aboriginal people are supported to take up job opportunities in Stronger Futures services, and build new skills and careers.
Individual Aboriginal employment targets and goals have been set by Australian and Northern Territory Government agencies across a range of Stronger Futures elements. The Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy will also help make sure these targets and goals are met.
To give the Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy the best chance of success, we are interested in receiving your feedback around key parts of the Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy including:
- the Principles suggested in the strategy that will guide how all stakeholders will work to implement the Strategy; and
- the suggested Priority Areas for Further Work which will inform development of the Action Plan for implementing the Strategy.
You can provide feedback on the draft Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy and areas for action by:
- Completing the feedback form and email it to: email@example.com.
- Talking to the Government Engagement Coordinator or Indigenous Engagement Officer in your community
- Calling your nearest Indigenous Coordination Centre on 1800 079 098 or on 1800 089 148 for the Nhulunbuy Indigenous Coordination Centre
- Contacting the FaHCSIA Stronger Futures team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1800 054 312; or
- Contact the Northern Territory Department of Regional Development and Women’s Policy by email to Sefika.email@example.com or phone on 08 8999 6174.
The closing date for feedback and comments is Friday 26 July 2013.
Based on these discussions and the feedback received, the Strategy will be finalised along with an action plan that will outline the practical steps that will be taken to implement the strategy. A summary of feedback and the final version of Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy and Action Plan will be made available on this website.