The Australian Government has made a ten-year commitment to work with Aboriginal people in the Northern Territory to build strong, independent lives, where communities, families and children are safe and healthy.
Stronger Futures in the Northern Territory is a $3.4 billion investment in programs and services that are critical to closing the gap in Indigenous disadvantage and making communities safer, in areas such as health, education, housing and policing.
Stronger Futures responds directly to what Aboriginal people told the Government was important to them. The Government will work with Aboriginal people in both big and small communities to encourage children to go to school, tackle alcohol abuse, and support more local jobs.
- Funding to strengthen community stores
- Community Living Area Land Reform Outcomes Paper released
- Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy
- Stronger Futures in the Northern Territory – Six-Monthly Progress Report
- Implementation plans finalised under the National Partnership Agreement on Stronger Futures in the Northern Territory
- Stronger Communities for Children Program
The Stronger Futures Package
The Government will work with Aboriginal people in both big and small communities to support: