Indigenous Women's Grants
What is it?
Indigenous Women’s Grants (IWG) is a grants program which provides funding for activities that respond to the particular needs and circumstances of local Indigenous women.
IWG contributes to the Government’s priorities for reducing Indigenous disadvantage through enhancing Indigenous women’s leadership, representation, safety, wellbeing and economic status.
IWG aims to:
- support more women to undertake leadership, representative and management roles
- increase Indigenous women's awareness of, access to, and role in local priority setting and Government funding activities
- address issues identified by Indigenous women as priorities in their communities
- strengthen women's networks and organisations
- support Indigenous women's cultural traditions.
The IWG funding is available to Indigenous women’s organisations that have experience in the delivery of culturally appropriate services and programs to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women which aim to address local issues and priorities within communities.
For further information about Indigenous Women's Grants, contact your local Indigenous Coordination Centre.