Indigenous Community Links (ICL)
- What is Indigenous Community Links?
- Why is Indigenous Community Links being provided?
- Who is delivering the service and where?
- Contact information
Indigenous Community Links (formerly Community Support Service) has operated since July 2009. It is designed to support Indigenous community members and their families, by providing links and referrals to a range of mainstream and Indigenous services, such as welfare and social support, employment, family violence, health (including drug and alcohol services), legal, child care and housing. Services also encourage the development and fostering of relationships with other service providers by promoting access and pathways to their services, including through the provision of Internet access.
Indigenous Community Links operates through a network of 65 not-for-profit organisations, in 88 locations/clusters, representing more than 140 Indigenous communities across Australia.
Program Guidelines for the Community Investment Program
Why is Indigenous Community Links being provided?
Indigenous Community Links provides better linkages between Indigenous people and community services. It helps in closing the gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians by facilitating access to community services and information.
Indigenous Community Links delivers:
- Sustainable outcomes through supported referrals and advocacy for Indigenous clients;
- Information and referrals for Indigenous clients to service programs across a range of mainstream and Indigenous specific services, e.g. legal, funeral, health, family violence, safe houses, drug and alcohol;
- Individual capacity and skills to access services and their related outcomes, e.g. employment or training; and
- Greater use of the Internet to access information.
Indigenous Community Links aligns with the Service Delivery Principles for Services for Indigenous Australians.
65 organisations are being funded to deliver Indigenous Community Links across 88 locations/clusters.
Further information about Indigenous Community Links is available by emailing:
A TTY service for people who have a hearing or speech impediment is available via 1800 555 677.