Round 5 call for applications
Round 5 of the NRAS call for applications is now closed.
How are applications for Round 5 assessed?
Applications are assessed by representatives of the Australian Government and, where relevant, the state or territory government where the proposed dwellings will be located. External consultants with technical expertise may also be asked to provide reports for consideration in the assessment process.
Applications are assessed against the criteria set out in Set 6, Schedule 1 of the National Rental Affordability Scheme Regulations 2008.
The Australian Government uses an Assessment Tool to assess applications.
You can read the Application Guidelines for Round 5.
- Universal design – the Australian Government encourages projects that incorporate universal design principles
- Refurbished properties – information about the eligibility of rehabilitated properties
- Commonwealth only incentives – discusses the option for Commonwealth only incentives under NRAS
- Opportunities for investors – learn about some of the key considerations when investing in NRAS
- Taxation treatment of incentives – learn more about taxation considerations when investing in NRAS
- Charging fees to participate in NRAS –new information about when changes to approved projects (size, location, demographic) might be considered.
- National Rental Affordability Scheme
- Legislation, regulations and policy guidelines
- NRAS Call for Applications – official opening of Round