FaHCSIA funds the development of Consumer Training and Support products to assist employers, support staff and employees with disability in Australian Disability Enterprises to understand and participate in elements of the Quality Strategy and ways to continuously improve.
The Consumer Training and Support products are designed to:
- be used by Australian Disability Enterprises to train their own staff, and employees with disability; and
- increase knowledge and skill for employees with disabilities on a range of topics
Consumer Training and Support products, including multimedia training and information products, have been developed for the disability employment sector. Target groups include:
- Employers - Australian Disability Enterprises and advocacy services.
- Employees - people with disability working in Australian Disability Enterprises.
- External - other parties in contact with people with disability and Australian Disability Enterprises.
- Trainers - anyone delivering training to staff of disability services or people with disability in work contexts.
The Consumer Training and Support Products are intended to provide information and training to Australian Disability Enterprise staff, people with disability who work at their organisation, and other groups as appropriate. As they were developed prior to the introduction of the new Australian Disability Enterprises name, there are references throughout the products to ‘Business Services’. Please note that these products are relevant to all Australian Disability Enterprises.
The Consumer Training and Support Resource Directory is designed to explain the entire suite of products. This directory is an excellent guide to all of the components of the resource.