BSWAT Payment Scheme
Employees in Australian Disability Enterprises who have been paid a wage assessed using the BSWAT between 1 January 2004 and 28 May 2014 may be eligible for a payment under the BSWAT Payment Scheme.
The payment scheme was due to start receiving registrations from 1 July 2014, however, the registration date will now need to be set for later this year, dependent upon legislation being passed by the Senate. The legislation is required to establish the scheme.
Supported employees, their families and carers will receive full details of the BSWAT Payment Scheme during face-to-face meetings to be held later this year across Australia.
Registrations for the scheme will close on 30 April 2015. People will then have until 1 December 2015 to lodge an application.
To be eligible for the Payment Scheme, a person must have:
- an intellectual impairment, which includes an intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder, dementia, or impaired intellectual function as a consequence of an acquired brain injury
- had their wages assessed using the BSWAT, or a training wage while waiting for a BSWAT wage assessment
- have required daily support within an Australian Disability Enterprise workplace to maintain employment.
All eligibility criteria will need to be met for individuals to access the scheme.
For more information
- Supported employees, families and carers can call the hotline on 1800 880 052.
- Questions and Answers: BSWAT Payment Scheme
- Easy English information regarding the BSWAT Payment Scheme - specifically provided for supported employees with an intellectual disability: