Disability Employment Services
Disability Employment Services (DES) helps people with disability find work and keep a job.
On 18 September 2013, responsibility for this programme was transferred to the Department of Social Services.
Through Disability Employment Services, job seekers with disability, injury or health condition may be able to receive assistance to prepare for, find and keep a job.
Disability Employment Services providers are a mix of large, medium and small, for-profit and not-for-profit organisations that are experienced in supporting job seekers with disability and experienced helping businesses to put in place practices that support the employee in the workplace.
Disability Employment Services has two parts:
- Disability Management Service is for job seekers with disability, injury or health condition who need assistance to find a job and occasional support to keep a job.
- Employment Support Service provides assistance to people with permanent disability and who need regular, ongoing support to keep a job.
JobAccess can provide you with all the information you need on disability employment, including Disability Employment Services.
JobAccess is a comprehensive, easy to use website and a telephone information service that provides advice on disability employment related matters. It offers help and workplace solutions for people with disability and their employers.
Want to know more?
- Visit the JobAccess website
- Call JobAccess on 1800 464 800
- To find your local Disability Employment Services provider, visit Australian Job Search.
- Disability Employment Services Deed
- Disability Employment Services Purchasing
- Evaluation of Disability Employment Services 2010-2013