Information for Doctors
Improved assessment processes for the Disability Support Pension (DSP) are being implemented. This includes:
- improvements to DSP assessments to fast track decisions for claimants who are clearly or manifestly eligible
- a review of the Impairment Tables
- enhanced Job Capacity Assessments undertaken by suitably qualified DSP assessors
- a new Health Professional Advice Unit in Centrelink
- improved information on employment assistance for people receiving DSP
- a workforce re-engagement contact pilot.