Aged Care Financing Authority
The Aged Care Financing Authority (ACFA) provides independent advice to the Government on funding and financing issues, informed by consultation with consumers, and the aged care and finance sectors.
ACFA’s roles and responsibilities are set out in the Committee Principles.
The Chairman and Deputy Chair are independent appointments with:
- Ms Lynda O’Grady the ACFA Chairman;
- Professor Graeme Hugo the Deputy Chair.
Other ACFA members are:
- Mr Ian Yates,
- Mr Nicolas Mersiades,
- Mr Graham Hodges,
- Ms Sally Evans,
- Mr Gary Barnier,
- Ms Mary Patetsos, and
- Ms Lee Thomas.
Supported Resident Data Book
- On 30 April 2014 ACFA presented Minister Fifield with a Data Book on Supported and Non-Supported Residents in Commonwealth funded aged care.
ACFA Work Program
On 22 January 2014, Minister Fifield presented ACFA with its new work program and Operating Framework.
Report to the Government on Funding and Financing of the Aged Care Sector
ACFA presented its inaugural Report on the Funding and Financing of the Aged Care Sector to the former Government in June 2013. For information, see:
- ACFA’s report to the former Government on the impact of the aged care financing arrangements on sector viability, access to quality care, the aged care workforce and sustainability.
- Report on the residential aged care sector.
For more information please email ACFA.Secretariat