Personal Helpers and Mentors remote services (PHaMs)
Family Mental Health Support Services (FMHSS)
Applications for PHaMs funding are now closed.
About this funding
FaHCSIA undertook a direct and restricted selection processes to select service providers for six new remote Targeted Community Care sites. The closing date for applications was 5:00pm (AEST) on Thursday 11 July 2013.
New PHaMs services will be established in Maningrida and Ngukurr in the Northern Territory, Cunnamulla in Queensland and Port Hedland in Western Australia. New FMHSS will be established in Gunbalanya and Santa Teresa in the Northern Territory.
FaHCSIA notified organisations in writing at the commencement of the application process to invite them to submit an application for funding.
Information for applicants
- Part A: Targeted Community Care (Mental Health) Program Guidelines which provide an overview of the Targeted Community Care (Mental Health) Program and the Activities relating to the program.
- Part B: Information for Applicants which provides information on the Application, Assessment, Eligibility, Selection and Complaints Processes; and Financial and Funding Agreement arrangements.
- Part C1: Application Information for the Personal Helpers and Mentors Activity which provides specific information on the Activity, Selection Processes, Performance Management and Reporting.
- Part C3: Application Information for the Family Mental Health Support Services Activity which provides specific information on the Activity, Selection Processes, Performance Management and Reporting.
Further information about PHaMs and FMHSS is also available in the following Activity resource kits:
- Resource Kit - Personal Helpers and Mentors
- Resource Kit – Family Mental Health Support Services
Terms and Conditions
Applicants should also review the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Funding Agreement as these are the terms and conditions that will apply to the funding if the Applicant is successful. Applicants are required to indicate their agreement to these terms in their Application.
Targeted Community Care (Mental Health) Program Sites for this application process
|State||Service||Site Name||Coverage area||Annual funding available* (GST excl.)|
|Northern Territory||PHaMs||Maningrida||Maningrida and outstations||$529,360|
|PHaMs||Ngukurr||Ngukurr and Rittarangu communities||$529,360|
|Queensland||PHaMs||Cunnamulla||Shire of Paroo||$529,360|
|Western Australia||PHaMs||Port Hedland||Town of Port Hedland Local Government Area with outreach to the community of Warralong in the Shire of East Pilbara||$529,360|
|Northern Territory||FMHSS||Gunbalanya||Gunbalanya and outstations||$458,100|
|FMHSS||Santa Teresa||Santa Teresa (with outreach to Titjitkala and Apatula)||$458,100|
Note: All funding is GST exclusive and subject to indexation from 1 July 1013. Amounts do not include SACS Modern Award supplementation that organisations may be eligible to receive, as this is calculated during negotiation of funding agreements.