Financial Counselling & Financial Capability - Mornington Peninsula and Sydney/North Sydney & Hornsby
The Financial Wellbeing and Capability Activity (the Activity) is one of seven Activities under the Families and Communities Programme which aims to support families, improve children’s wellbeing and increase participation of vulnerable people in community life to enhance family and community functioning.
Through the Activity, the Australian Government, in partnership with civil society, provides support to vulnerable individuals, families and communities to improve their financial capability, resilience and lifetime wellbeing. The services included under the Activity provide crisis support, broad financial capability building services, financial counselling, and access to microfinance products. Services are free, voluntary and confidential and are delivered by community and local government organisations.
This process is for the provision of Financial Counselling and Capability services. Commonwealth Financial Counselling and Financial Capability services provide assistance to people in financial difficulty by helping them to address their financial problems, make informed choices and build longer-term capability to budget and manage their money.
This funding round is intended to support delivery of this service in the coverage areas of Mornington Peninsula and Sydney- North Sydney & Hornsby.
Want more information?
The Application Pack provides all the information needed to apply for DSS grant funding:
- Funding Round Summary provides detailed information on the funding round.
- Programme Guidelines Overview provides information about how grants are funded for this programme.
- Application form to apply for funding in this round.
- Questions and Answers specific to this round.
- Streamlined Grant Agreement Template includes the general grant conditions that you would agree to if successful in receiving funding.