Three years ago the Government implemented the $220 million Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) package to make it easier for parents to access early intervention services for children with autism.
- Almost 17,000 children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) have been registered by Autism Advisors for early intervention funding,
- Over 15,000 children have accessed Early Intervention services in over 1,000 locations across Australia,
- 970 allied health professionals are providing those early intervention services,
- Over 2,200 children have benefitted from autism-specific PlayConnect Playgroups,
- 4,000 parents and carers have participated in the Early Days workshops, and
- An average of 7,350 hits per month have been made to the ASD web pages on the Raising Children Network website and is the fourth most popular page on the website.