How much?Depending on the number of successful organisations funding may range from $60,000 - $120,000 per year per organisation. Funding will commence on 1 January 2010 and cease on 31 December 2012.
Apply when?from 19/09/2009 to 19/10/2009
Who to contact?Ph: N/A
Short Description: The application period is now closed.
The Child Support Policy Community Strategy 2010 - 2012 will provide funding for eligible organisations to:
- Assist in providing input to policy and views on behalf of separated parents/or carers and their children in relation to child support
- Demonstrate a broad based membership/influence/role with access to separated parents and carers which will allow them to represent a significant portion of the separated and re-partnered parent population;
- Display a presence of specialist expertise with a diverse range of groups;
- Demonstrate robust governance arrangements that allow for expertise and qualifications of staff to achieve quality outcomes in delivering policy advice to government and strategies you have in place to consult with a range of stakeholder groups.
The successful organisation will represent a diverse range of child support customers. Target groups include but are not limited to the following, in relation to their interactions with the Child Support Scheme:
- Parents and/or carers who interact with the Child Support Scheme;
- Separated and re-partnered parents;
- Grandparents and kinship carers who access the Child Support Scheme;
- Indigenous children of separated parents and their families and carers; and
- Vulnerable groups who may interact with the Child Support Scheme.
Funding will commence from 1 January 2010 and cease on 31 December 2012. It will ensure that the Government continues to receive valuable feedback on the effect of the Child Support Scheme on the Australian community.
Applications will be assessed and prioritised according to how strongly they meet the selection criteria. The selection criteria, eligibility criteria and other essential information about the Child Support Policy Community Strategy 2010 to 2012 are provided in the:
- Child Support Policy Community Strategy Application Guidelines
- Child Support Policy Community Strategy Guidelines
Closing Time and Date
Applications closed at 2pm AEST on Monday 19 October 2009.
Applications must have been lodged by 2pm AEST on Monday 19 October 2009.
Application forms postmarked after 2pm AEST, Monday 19 October 2009 or sent to an alternate address may not be included in the assessment process.
Questions and Answers
A list of frequently asked questions and answers is available and may be updated during the application period. A questions and answers facility is also available by emailing questions to Child.Support.Community.Services (Child.Support.Community.Services@dss.gov.au)