Interim arrangements for APS recruitment
On 31 October 2013, the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service, Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz, announced interim new recruiting arrangements within the Australian Public Service to help meet the Government’s election commitment to reduce the public service by 12,000 employees through natural attrition. Detailed information on the interim arrangements can be found on the Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) website.
While these interim arrangements are in effect, vacancies advertised through the DSS e-recruitment system are only open to ongoing (permanent) APS employees.
Before You Apply
DSS uses an online application system. Some useful tips prior to applying online are:
- If you are a current DSS employee, you should use your internal profile to apply (through ESSentials), if you would like to register an external profile you will need to use a private e-mail address.
- Make sure pop-up blockers are turned off. Our job overviews are generated as PDF documents in a new window. If you do not turn pop-up blockers off, selection documentation will not launch.
- To avoid time-out issues, work from a saved word document, then copy (control C) and paste (control V) into your questionnaires in the online system.
- Refer to the Troubleshooting Guide which includes a step-by-step guide through the online application process.
- Ensure you complete all mandatory fields.
- If you have finalised your application but there is no button to submit please refer to the Troubleshooting Guide.
To assist in preparing your application, please refer to our Tips for Applicants.
If you have any specific requirements that need to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process, please notify the Contact Officer. If you have a disability you can contact the DSS Disability Access Coordinator, to have a confidential conversation regarding any concerns you may have by emailing email@example.com.
If you are using assistive technology, or are having trouble accessing our system, please contact our helpdesk on 02 6146 8043, or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you registered?
If you have already registered with the DSS e-recruitment system, you can log in below using your username and password to review and update your candidate profile, search vacancies, and check the status of any submitted applications.
If you have not registered an account on our e-recruitment system, you can browse FaHCSIA vacancies at the link below. If you find a vacancy, you will need to register before you can submit your application.
- Browse DSS Vacancies (unregistered search)