The Assistant Minister for Social Services, Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield tabled the 2012-13 Report on the Operation of the Aged Care Act 1997 in Parliament today.
This annual report describes the operation of Australia’s aged care system during the 2012-13 financial year.
It also offers a guide to understanding aged care programs and policies and gives a comprehensive picture of the aged care system.
The report looks at:
- if service providers are meeting their responsibilities under the Act
- accommodation bonds and accommodation costs
- the waiting periods for entry to residential care
- the extent of building upgrades and refurbishment of aged care facilities
- non-compliance of the Act – including details of the non-compliance and sanctions imposed.
To read the full report, visit: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/ageing-reports-acarep.htm