This publication contains current research and analysis on a broad range of issues topical to Australia's social policy and its administration.
- '"More than just play dough" - a preliminary assessment of the contribution of child care to the Australian economy', by Jay Martin.
- 'Addressing mental health problems as a strategy to promote employment: an overview of interventions and approaches', by Peter Butterworth and Helen Berry.
- 'Education, work and fertility: a HILDA survey based analysis', by Habtemariam Tesfaghiorghis.
- Clive Hamilton, Growth fetish (Reviewer: Darian Clark)
- Phillip Mendes, Australia's welfare wars: the players, the politics and the ideologies (Reviewers: Alison Smith and Bruce Smith)
- Barbara Pocock, The work/life collision (Reviewers: Claudia Zines with Ruth Ragless)