This publication contains current research and analysis on a broad range of issues topical to Australia's social policy and its administration.
- 'Family income support policy issues', by Alex Dolan.
- 'Long-term unemployment: a statistical analysis of FaCS customers', by Mark Warburton, Alfred Opoku and Luat Vuong.
- 'Social security reform in the Netherlands and the Dutch miracle: an overview', by Nathan Madigan.
- 'Incapacity among unemployed customers: a statistical analysis', by Mark Warburton, Paul Martin, Adrian Read and Luat Vuong.
Social Policy Notes
- 'Pensions and the demographic crisis: can building up pension funds help?', by Arthur Grimes, with a response by Nicholas Barr.
- 'Henderson Poverty Line update', by Kim Bond, John Landt and Gwenda Robinson.
- 'Parent support groups in Centrelink: findings of the evaluation of a trial', by Ann-Marie McNess and Philip Brown.
- 'Our unstable Age Pension - a reply to Allison Barnes', by Michael Rice.
- Fred Argy, Australia at the Crossroads: Radical Freemarket or a Progressive Liberalism?
Reviewer: John Murray
- Zygmunt Bauman, Work, Consumerism and the New Poor
Reviewer: Paul Henman
- Chris Trotter, Working with Involuntary Clients - A Guide to Practice
Reviewer: Peter Humphries