The Government will provide additional funding over three years for Nonprofit Australia Pty Ltd (NPA) to continue its role in building the capacity of the not-for-profit sector. The additional funding will allow NPA to focus on identifying and addressing the major drivers of inefficiency in non-profit organisations, and on improving the business knowledge and capabilities of non-profit executives.
NPA will improve the viability of non-profit organisations who provide such a valuable contribution to the Australian Community.
In 2004-05, NPA received funding of $500,000 for its first year of operation and $350,000 for its second year, (2005-06).
Funding was provided for NPA to assist the non-profit sector, comprising community, cultural and environmental organisations, to become more efficient and effective, by addressing five strategic priorities:
- increasing the capabilities of non-profit leadership teams and Board members;
- improving the financial capacity in the sector;
- reducing operating costs of non-profit organisations;
- improving the quality and transparency of nonprofit organisations; and
- stimulating collaboration across the sector.
1 July 2006
Total Government Funding
$1.5 million (2006-07 to 2008-09).